11.15.2005

Alison Weir: Memo to Jon Stewart on Torture


Alison Weir: Memo to Jon Stewart on Torture: "Dirani said he was interrogated around the clock for a month by six people, including a man known only as George, who threatened him, cursed him and repeatedly squeezed his testicles 'until I felt I would die,' Dirani said.

One day a uniformed soldier nicknamed 'Kojak' came into the room and dropped his pants, and George told Dirani the soldier would sodomize him if he did not talk, Dirani said.

Days later, Dirani was shackled and pushed down onto a bench, he said. 'I couldn't see or resist ... I was raped by the soldier. He said he would rape me, and he did,' he told the court.

'Two or three days later they started raping me with a police baton,' he said. 'It's impossible to describe the pain. I yelled to high heaven.'"

Still wonder where the soldiers from Abu Ghraib got there ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment