6.30.2005

This was my February desktop screenshot


This was my February desktop screenshot of Ubuntu linux. From the site: "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "humanity to others". Ubuntu also means "I am what I am because of who we all are". The Ubuntu Linux distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world. "Linux for Human Beings". Because of the definition of Ubuntu, and the companies mission, and the fact that Linux is a much more secure open source FREE alternative to Windows, you know I had to try it!

In the screenshot above, the window manager that is running is called Gnome. From the site: GNOME is a Unix and Linux desktop suite and development platform. The transparency weather module is running in a program call gdesklet. The panel on the right is called gkrellm. Both of these programs have many different plugins to all ow for a vast array of display configurations to suite your tastes. As of this post I have since stopped using Ubuntu because of a technical hardrive issue, which I could go into detail about, but I won't bore you. For those that are interested leave a comment. The next post will be a post of what my last desktop looked like before the hard drive failure, which by the way, is working fine at the moment, weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment