6.30.2005

This was my Ubuntu linux desktop in June


This was my Ubuntu linux desktop in June. Before the disk I had Ubuntu on failed for some inexplicable reason. ( Don't take that as a knock on Ubuntu or Linux, I don't know what it was , yet) In this screenshot I had turned on full transparencies for the desktop, using xcompgr, and transset, for xorg. Other applications I have running are, xchat, an IRC client, gaim, a multi-protocol instant messenger, and Mozilla's Firefox web browser of course. Gnome comes with plenty of applets, that you can add to your panels, like the weather applet, where you can see the map of the "Sunshine State", where it rains every day, I might add.

I could link all those applications I just named, but then you would not use my new Google search buttons now would you? (Hint, wink )

I miss my Ubuntu. (sniffle)

No comments:

Post a Comment