7.13.2005

PSA: Positivity!

  1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully
  2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
  3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
  4. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
  5. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
  6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
  7. Believe in love at first sight.
  8. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
  9. Love deeply and passionately! You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
  10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name-calling.
  11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
  12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
  13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
  14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
  15. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
  16. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
  17. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.
  18. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
  19. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
  20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

The only thing I can object, personally to is #15. I just don't believe in a person losing a little piece of their soul everytime they sneeze.

Take what's good from this, and pass it on. Remember that movie "Pay it forward"?

I normally don't like "spam" but this caught my attention, because I have theorized about many of these points. This list is confirmation, that I'm a very thoughtful brother, if you don't mind me tooting my own horn;)

3 comments:

  1. I love this! And yes, this is confirmation that you are a thoughtful brother. I saw the movie regarding the concept "pay it forward" and was so excited about it that I tried to tell a couple of my friends about it but they didn't "get" it. I guess it was my poor translation of the concept. And maybe we should write something together. I'll let you come up with a concept. I'm confident [conceited?] enough to believe that I know a little about almost everything. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad I touched on something that inspired you to leave a comment. I look forward to a collaboration with you. I totally know what its like to feel something so intensly, only for the matter to be missed with whom those I chose to share. That's part of the reason I started this blog, to broaden my reach, and touch those who do "get it", even if they happen to be around the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved that movie "Pay It Forward"! I like Kevin Spacey anyway, being one of my very favorite actors because he's such a good, realistic, believable actor, and that movie is just so beautiful, supurb and moving! Haley Joel Osment is excellent and very impressive in it too, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete